September 12, 2011

Hello, World!*

*This welcome post was written for The Athena, Cheenee's previous blog. Read her new welcome message here.

Finally, a blog!

I have always been a little girl with great ideas. They remain stagnant until they get bored and voluntarily leave. It was a different scenario when I was in grade school and high school, when I was still able to contain my fears and write and speak confidently. That was more than a decade ago. I have already fallen under the thin line (or rather imaginary) between the reluctant and confident me.

College gave me reasons not to be confident but it was fair enough to give me MORE reasons to be and these are reasons I'm trying to live by. Not! [HAHA] As usual, it took me days (weeks and months) before deciding to start this blog because I doubted if I would be coherent and comprehensible. The idea sent me to deep thoughts. My mind debated with itself, unnecessarily weighing the pros and cons. Fact is, this is not my first attempt. A blog site was already on the works months ago until it lost its appeal. Then it kept popping out my mind until I finally did something about it on September 10 and was able to come up with this blog in one day (for the record).


The perfectionist and competitive in me must be temporarily locked-up in a vault to achieve the goals of having THE ATHENA. I will not stress myself over coming-up with articles worthy of one point something grades, or beating the horrifying deadline of a bimonthly (or fortnightly, whichever is correct) university paper, or cringe over the hails and praises I type for a CSR article (NOTE: that is NOT my job).

This blog will neither be all whines nor all self-centered delight. THE ATHENA was born so I can have an avenue to write anything that will  remind me that life is awesome. I live a good life and this over-weighs all reasons to complain. This, being a breather from the daily grind, which is the primary cause of my weariness, can hopefully be the therapy of my incomprehensible depression. I'm also hoping that this will stop me from over thinking my slow-paced career (echos lang with the term but I really think about it A LOT). Writing skills-wise, I hope that this will lead me back to the infectious high of the written world. I hope this halts the deterioration of my writing and be my room for improvement, one piece at a time. I hope that this leads me to more roads of discoveries, adventures, and friendships as I scour this world for good finds on or off the beaten paths. Lastly, for now, THE ATHENA is something I can call my own, a fulfillment I haven't had in a long time.

There. Now you know where I'm coming from. I hope we're off to a good start. Let’s keep it real. Let’s keep it happy. Let’s dwell in the good side of everything that comes our way. "Hello, world!" Enjoy!


working (daw),
athenaD.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you! (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...