September 14, 2012

My Not-So-New Running Shoes

I was on a hunt for a new pair of ruunning shoes a few months back because I felt the need to run. I started feeling uncomfortable with my weight, panting halfway through daily routines. But I haven’t decided on something until early August when a pair of low-budget running shoes in Payless Shoe Source caught my interest.

Of course, I have always been interested with Nikes but with its steep price, a non-rubber shoes person like me and not to mention kuripot by all means, buying them would be excruciating. And so I settled for this pair of Champion running shoes for personal but valid reasons.

First to catch my attention were the colors— three shades of gray and strong shades of pink. I think gray is a simple color. It is neither too dark as black nor too colorful and fancy as the others. Not that I dislike colors, I actually like them (especially over the past months) but often only in subtle quantities. I love how the bright shades of pink or orange make my pair noticeable. Pardon me but I get a bit color blind when colors become complex. [HAHA]

Second, Champion shoes, as what I have read over the internet, are low-budget running shoes. True and flase. Compared with other top-of-the-line brands like Nike, it is low-budget but, to reiterate my stinginess, spending close to P2, 000 for something I won’t be using on a (very) regular basis isn’t low-budget. But the pair was on sale so I bought them for a little over P1, 000. Good deal.


Third, despite being categorized under low-budget, my new running shoes are light-weight and are very comfy making it close with more famous brands that I have tried on.

Since I bought the shoes, I haven’t gone out to run. That’s because it’s been raining in the afternoons. Good thing an officemate signed me up to play volleyball so I get to use them when we practice. (Now laugh! I actually don’t know how to play volleyball! haha) But I’ll be hitting the pavements soon for a good run. Promise. ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you! (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...