March 7, 2012

The Collective: Wingman (Part 1)*

*This post was originally written for The Athena, Cheenee's previous blog.

After one of my closest college friends, Danielle, told me stories about good online deals she had, I scoured the group buying sites for my first ever discount voucher. Since it was my first time to actually transact online (that's aside from booking plane tickets online), my side of OC-ness showed. I opted to try something chicken and voila... I saw Wingman on Ensogo.


I haven't heard of Wingman at The Collective that time (September 2011). I have probably read a post by Anton on The Collective but it didn't say much about the restaurant. So, I spent the whole day reading blog entries about it before deciding to buy two P500-worth of vouchers at P300 (or P250) each. The purchase was timely since my sister was scheduled to be in Manila mid-October last year and we both love eating! Now, that's surprising! [;p]

The Collective is a warehouse-turned-creative-hub for young entrepreneurs located along Malugay Street in Makati. It somewhat gives the same laid back aura of Cubao-X though we really never went inside the other shops except Wingman.

Now, Wingman. It's a chicken place, or should I say wing place with burgers, quesadillas, fries, and beers. It's neither sophisticated nor fancy, but cozy enough to devour chicken wings with your bare hands without hesitations.



I got attracted to Wingman's wall and this drawing on the menu board that I couldn't help but take pictures and post 'em here. [:)] The only thing I disliked were the lights. It was too red and too dark for afternoon snacks.



We ordered a dozen of wings (P330), half of it were classic buffalo wings while the other half were honey mustard wings. [They also have half dozens at (P200). ] It came with carrot sticks and a dip. I was so excited when the wings were served...

...until I tasted the classic buffalo. Either I expected too much or there was just a sour taste (and smell) that came with it. Everyone liked the sweeter and milder honey mustard flavor so I was obliged to eat more of the buffalo. I sort of appreciated the taste later on and Tito Rey and I agreed that it was a beer match.  

Their curly twist fries (P120) played the redeemer. It tastes better than McDonald's twister fries! Raiza, my eight-year-old cousin, munched on this because she didn't like the chicken.
We managed to leave nothing on the baskets, except for some sticks of carrots, despite the rough start.
***
P.S... This was mid-October last year.  I went back to Wingman last week... next post

chicken's lover,
athenaD.
***

Wingman is located at The Collective, 7274 Malugay St., San Antonio Vill., Makati City, Metro Manila
Call them @478-6770

1 comment:

Let me hear from you! (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...