November 10, 2012

A Break From My Sedentary Lifestyle

Fine Saturday morning to go out and sweat.

I did a pretty good job at pretending that I also have a long weekend. Why not? My shift ended at two in the afternoon on Novembers 1 and 2 so I had the rest of the day to catch up with the holidays. Instead of going home to my dorm, I went home to Taguig every afternoon. After the “Halloween party” on October 31, we spent the afternoon of November 1 shopping for Christmas decors. And although there was not much action on November 2, I was well-rested for another day full of firsts.



First on the list is the morning walk/jog/picture taking in Mall of Asia. Although we usually spent our weekends there before the R’s transferred from Cavite to Taguig, I haven’t been to MOA to exercise. We walked and jogged from the side of 1Esplanade until the row of MOA’s seaside restaurants ended, then crossed to the mall’s side and walked all the way back to the Prism Plaza where the car was parked. My cousins, Baby R and Lyle, showed off their hula hoop skills while I just enjoyed absorbing the morning sun (since I have no hula hoop skills to show off).

I could not resist but have a picture with the beautiful sky and the MOA Eye.

Baby R can pose for the camera while keeping her hula hoop alive.





We need to get rid of our muffins. LOL!
The cyclists, hard core joggers, and families who just wanted to be out on a nice Saturday morning gave me and my sedentary lifestyle a different energy and a happy aura. Plus my sun-kissed cheeks gave me good vibes all throughout the day.

Me, Raiza (Baby R), and Lyle

Next on the list is the Ratatouille and Mozzarella Cheese sandwich from Starbucks- Blue Wave. I am madly in love with gourmet sandwiches that I actually think I can survive without rice. So, I traded off a McDonald’s breakfast (yeah, I love anything from McDo) for a hearty gourmet sandwich and my favorite Christmas flavor from Starbucks— Dark Cherry Mocha.

My Ratatouille and Mozzarella Cheese Sandwich
What I had in my mind was their P165 sandwiches but chose the Ratatouille and Mozzarella Cheese sandwich instead because I have never tasted one, it was way cheaper at P115, and it was the healthier choice. Packed between multigrain breads is a savory blend of cheese, spinach, tomatoes, zucchini, eggplant, portobello and shiitake mushrooms, garlic, and onions. If veggies are always cooked this good, every carnivore might go vegan in a snap. The Ratatouille and Mozzarella sandwich is one of Starbucks’ Breakfast Sandwiches launched last September 11. The line includes Breakfast Tapa and Egg with Garlic Mayonnaise on dark whole wheat bread, Forest Ham, Egg White and Gouda Cheese on oat bread, Spam® Black Pepper, Egg and Cheddar Cheese on cornmeal bread all at P115 each.


My sandwich and their Corned Beef Pandesal
Last on the list is the trip to Cash and Carry along Buendia. After buying something for the bath room in Wilcon, we headed to this mall along Buendia in Makati famous for its imported goods to buy Baby R’s lotion. Though my nose was not impressed by the overwhelming perfume scents, Cash and Carry got my heart and revived a long forgotten infatuation with Nike bags. I think that would be a nice Christmas present. EHEM! EHEM! [HAHAHA]

New York's Finest is my favorite Yellow Cab pizza.


We capped our busy morning with a lunch at Yellow Cab. The R’s and Lyle headed home while I went back to Quezon City revved up for an eight-hour shift.

***
Speaking of taking a break from my sedentary lifestyle, I mentioned before that an officemate signed me up to play volleyball for the Kapamilya Basketball and Volleyball Tournament. We just played our last game and ended with (I think) a 2-3 win-loss record. I had fun playing! 
The incomplete team MRD.  ;)

I hope I can post something like “A Break From My Active Lifestyle” soon. J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you! (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...